We are aThemes and we make awesome WordPress themes and plugins. We are now looking for a talented full-stack WordPress developer to join our small but growing team and help us improve what we are already doing but also develop new products and launch them.
The products you will be working on are Botiga, our free WooCommerce theme, as well as Botiga Pro, the plugin that extends the theme with advanced features.
Our vision for Botiga, which already has 20k+ users, is for it to be the go-to WooCommerce solution for WordPress users.
You will also be working on a new plugin we have in the pipeline, which will also be focussed on WooCommerce. The features will be similar to those in Botiga, but this plugin will work with any theme.
This is a fully remote position, meaning you can work from anywhere. However, ideally your working hours should overlap at least a few hours per day with Central European Time (CET).
Our ideal candidate has worked at another WordPress product company like ours or has developed custom themes and plugins for clients.
What you will do:
- Help us deliver on our product roadmap by coding and testing new features
- Update themes/plugins with bug fixes and code improvements
- Develop new plugins
- Maintain and optimize athemes.com
- Liaise with the support team to troubleshoot and solve issues
- 2+ years professional experience and strong expertise in PHP/WordPress development
- Experience coding custom WordPress themes and plugins from scratch
- Expert level HTML, CSS (SCSS/SASS)
- Experience working with major plugins like WooCommerce and Elementor
- Strong familiarity and experience with Gutenberg, the block editor
- Experience using Git and GitHub
- A consistent coding style and passion for well-organized, clean code
- Ability to convert UI designs to functional, performant code
- Knowledge of Full Site Editing
Nice to haves
- Published theme/plugin author (or contributor) on a major WordPress marketplace like the .org repo or Envato
- Experience with Gutenberg block development and React
- A salary of $35,000 – $55,000 USD, based on your experience and location.
- This is a full-time, 100% remote position. Work from wherever you want in the world.
- True flexibility. While we do ask for a few hours of overlap with CET each day, outside of that, you are free to work whenever suits you best.
- Massive autonomy. No one likes to be micro-managed, and we don't like to micro-manage anyone (if you need that kind of hand holding and direction, we're not going to be your cup of tea!). We hire people who are excited to own their work and we look to you to tell us the big levers in your role that'll make the most impact.
- Competitive compensation. Everyone on our team is an expert at what they do and we believe in paying people fairly for their contribution.
- Be part of a small team (you will be our fourth developer) trying to make a difference in the WordPress world.