We’re looking for a QA Tester to join our team. As an in-house QA tester, you will be responsible for ensuring that all products created in the studio meet the highest standards possible. You will be involved with all aspects of development and be expected to become a subject matter expert of our projects to help bridge the gap between development disciplines.
2Awesome Studio is an independent game development studio and indie publisher whose mission is to add awesomeness to reality by developing video games with new and addictive mechanics and finding games that are equally awesome to publish. No matter the genre, platform, or IP, we bring great ideas to life. Our teams work on, among other titles, Altered Alma a space opera Metroidvania set in Neo-Barcelona, AK-xolotl the cutest and deadliest roguelite shooter, and other games for our service area for all major consoles and PC.
Our website is: http://www.2awesomestudio.com
Please send your application to: jobs at 2awesomestudio dot com, using the following subject line: 2Awesome Studio - QA tester
As well as your application, we kindly request that you to answer the following questions:
- Do you have experience in Console QA? Give us some examples of what you did.
- Which are the most important skills a QA tester must possess?
- What are the stages of a Bug Life Cycle in game testing?
- Could you name Test Case structure and provide a small example of any?
- What is the difference between severity and priority of a bug?
Join us and help us bring great ideas to life !
- Passion for video games
- Inquisitive and technical mind
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and methodical approach to work
- Familiarity with MS Office or similar
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to work independently, manage your own time and meet tight deadlines
- Up-to-date knowledge of video games both indie and AAA
- Good English oral and written communication skills
- Good positive attitude and outlook, self-motivated, and a great team-player
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Have a proactive work ethic
- Strong technical knowledge of the leading consoles and PC.
- Follow 2Awesome Studio QA process, professional standards and set the highest standards in testing.
- Ensure that all issues and bugs are reported in an efficient & informative manner.
- Knowledge of bug reporting workflow & bug databases
- Experienced games player with the ability to quickly familiarize with game-play elements
- Understanding of games, development cycle, key milestones, and game terminology
- Availability in the EU timezone
Your responsibilities and daily duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Performing daily tests across multiple projects and platforms
- Reporting and keeping track of defects across multiple databases
- Writing clear and concise bug reports that can be read and understood by anyone
- Creating test plan documentation for multiple projects
- Liaising with the production team to provide reports and updates on the status of project quality
- A good working environment within a group of motivated colleagues from around the world
- Flexible schedule, core hours are 10am to 4pm CEST
- Horizontal and agile organization
- Passion for video games
- Full time, 36h week
- Remote working
- Weekly team building activities, such as playing games together or having remote social drinks.
And many more things that you will discover... join us to find out!