About the Role
As a Backend Engineer at Typeform, the individual will contribute code to microservices written in GoLang, utilizing HTTP calls for inter-process communications (IPC) and Kafka or SNS/SQS as middleware.
Things you will do:
- Contributing code to projects that require backend work (in Golang)
- Maintain existing code-bases
- Improve existing code-bases to be more scalable and reliable
- Reacting to monitoring alerts and triaging accordingly to resolve issues (even after hours)
- Proposing solutions to code or architectural problems in a high-traffic environment
- Doing Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA) exercises and leading/contributing to postmortems for incidents.
- Being part of an on-call rota to react to any alerts our monitoring system raises during and outside office hours.
What you already bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience working with AWS services or another cloud provider
- University degree in a related field
- 2+ years of experience in a high-traffic distributed architecture
- Experience writing architectural documentation
- Experience being on-call, debugging outages and running postmortems
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience using Kafka
- Experience using GoLang
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience using Terraform
- Experience using ElasticSearch
- Experience with docker
- Experience working in a remote company or a startup.